Deciding where to live in Singapore can be a bit overwhelming when you first arrive. According to polls, the most popular places for expatriates to settle are Orchard, Tanglin, Bukit Timah, Katong and Holland Village. Increasingly, many expatriates are choosing Serangoon and the East Coast to get better value for money – but Pasir Panjang and the West Coast are good choices too!
Here are some areas you can consider:
- Raffles Place and Marina Bay: Slap bang in the middle of the CBD, Raffles Place and Marina Bay offer high-rise living, with an unrivalled commute to the office – you can just walk! High-rise living rules supreme here, and units come at a premium – in terms of both space and cost.
- Holland Village: It has a fun, bohemian atmosphere, and it’s a paradise for shoppers who love the quirky and independent. There’s an array of great food and drink options, regardless of whether you want to head out for the evening, or entertain at home.
- Newton & Novena: Newtown and Novena are prime locations and are priced accordingly. However, if your budget allows you, you’ll find the selection of houses and condos excellent, and you’ll enjoy its great amenities and convenience.
- East Coast: The East Coast has a huge variety of bars, restaurants, cafes, and shopping centres to keep everyone busy.
- Sentosa: Sentosa Island is a hotspot for lovers of luxury and the seaside. You may even be able to grab a condo with a magnificent sea view. Shopping doesn’t present a problem thanks to the VivoCity mall – one of Singapore’s largest, and those who love to relax with a game of golf will enjoy the Sentosa Cove golf course.
You can also check out our article on where to live in Singapore.