Sometimes called a damage deposit, the security deposit is a sum of money passed to your Landlord, usually when you sign your Tenancy Agreement.
To protect your security deposit, follow these steps:
- Pay your rent on time and in full
- Thoroughly document the condition of the property upon move in
- Take care of your property
- Think about getting a professional cleaning company in when you vacate the property
- Agree any responsibility for damage
Read more about protecting your security deposit on our blog.