In Singapore, all buildings need government-authorised approval before they can be occupied, which is where the TOP comes in the picture. 

The Temporary Occupation Permit or TOP is a temporary permit, which allows the owner to occupy the building. As an owner or tenant, you will have to make sure the building you are going to move into has a TOP or CSC (Certificate of Statutory Completion).

Was this article helpful to you?